Orphan Care Gathering
1st Sunday of the month | 9:00 am | W-209
On the first Sunday of each month we invite anyone who is interested in supporting or being involved in Orphan Care (foster, adoption, Safe Families, etc.) to gather to network, learn about resources, support, talk about upcoming events and to pray together. Contact Matt at for more info.
Discover ways you can LEARN about God's love for the orphan, PRAY how to get involved in the global orphan crisis, ADVOCATE for the orphan and SUPPORT ministries at Calvary, in our community and around the world.
LEARN about God's love for the orphan
• Read Orphan Justice by Johnny Carr
• Foster care & foster-adopt at olivecrest.org
• Local & international adoption at bethany.org
• Safe Families for Children at safe-families.org
• Get connected to Christian Orphan Alliance
PRAY how to get involved in the global orphan crisis
• Pray for the over 143 million orphans worldwide
• Pray for Social Workers, Administrators and caregivers of Orphan Care facilities both here in Orange County and internationally.
• Pray for our adoptive and foster families as they parent children from difficult backgrounds
ADVOCATE for the Orphan
• Become a C.A.S.A. volunteer with the County of Orange at casaoc.org
• Be a Safe Family to help a family avoid foster care. Learn more at safe-families.org
• Become a foster or adoptive family
• Volunteer to help a foster child with homework
after school. Learn more at olivecrest.org
• Use social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) to highlight Orphan Care causes
SUPPORT ministries at Calvary, in our community & around the world
• Participate in the Kids Walk for Hope to raise funds for Discover to Recover Centre and Acres of Love. Get more info or register at kidswalkforhope.org
• Host a garage sale and donate the proceeds to Calvary families in the adoption process
• Help fund an adoption for a Calvary family in the process of bringing a child into their home by giving to the Calvary LifeSong for Orphans Fund. Contact Michael at for more info
• Bring a meal to a family who has just adopted or started fostering a new child
• Become a certified Respite Caregiver for a Safe Families for Children host. Contact Jenn at
• Use your gifts! Cook a weekday meal at the Orangewood cafe in Santa Ana for children in group homes. Contact or 714.619.0226 for more info.
• Donate airline miles to families traveling for adoption
• Support a grandparent or relative raising children. Contact Maycarmen Barranga at Kinship services at 714.543.5437 ext. 115.
• Become a volunteer chaplain at an OliveCrest group home here in Orange County. Contact Frank Fried at 714.543.5437 ext. 1729.
• Become a child sponsor of an international rescued human trafficking victim through Destiny's Rescue at destinyrescue.org
• Sponsor a child monthly with Samaritan’s Purse, Compassion International, World Vision, or Ten Talents International
• Host a baby shower and donate the gifts to Olive Crest, Safe Families, or an international orphanage
• Help emancipated youth aging out of foster care in Tustin and Santa Ana. Learn more at olivecrest.org
Have questions? Contact Pastor Matt Doan at